Wednesday, December 10, 2008

We're crazy

Well, for those of you who don't know our family will be moving to Louisville, KY where I will begin attending Southern Seminary (www.sbts.edu) in Jan of 2009.

We have been pretty quiet about this for business purposes (I currently sell commercial real estate) and for church purposes (I am the youth minister at our church) but this has become public knowledge and so we wanted to let all 2 of our readers know:).

Our desire for the blog is for it to serve as a type of journal of our experiences so that you can know what's going down with us.

Words can't describe how excited and scared we are as I leave the "normal" workforce to go to school half way across the country on a fifth of my current income with 3 kiddos and a wife to support. That may sound crazy, and I guess it is...but we trust that God provides the means for the ends that He has ordained. The words of David reassure me, "I have been young and now I am old, yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken or his descendants begging bread." Ps 37:25.

We are also very sad to be leaving some absolutely phenomenal friendships here in Lubbock. We trust that by God's grace our relationships will last as we seek to press on toward His calling.

Our move date is set for January 12th. Look for pictures and experiences to be blogged soon thereafter. (If you didn't know, Kentucky has these things called trees which are really pretty. Living in Lubbock I've only seen a few of these and I'm looking forward to the scenery)

Your prayers are appreciated.

9 comments:

Our Family said...

God will bless your family for this decision. You will grow in more ways than you thought possible. And not only that, you will be in driving distance to US! Now that should make it all worth while. :)

We are excited for you!!! BTW, if yall are crazy, then we must be nuts. And by the "world's" standards we are, but OH FOR THE GLORY OF THE LORD, we count all things lost! Even west Texas. HAHA!

We have a few connections there in Kentucky...

Logan and Daryl-Ann said...

I am extremely excited to see what God is going to do with your family. Thanks for letting me in on the process. If you are ever is East Asia, look us up. I will do the same if I find myself in Louisville.

And I enjoy your blog. Keep it up and we will try to keep ours going as well.

The Holman Family said...

I love the family pic...so precious. Good luck with the move! How exciting!

Cathy said...

BJ, how can any help but smile from ear to ear when they see that picture of your family at the top of your blog? Greg and I will be praying for you as embark on this adventure. Hey, that John Piper video about his thoughts on the Prosperity Gospel is one of my favorite videos. I couldn't decide between posting that one or the Paul Washer video on your FB profile.

Looking forward to reading about life in Kentucky!

themac's said...

Oh my goodness...how exciting! I look forward to reading all about this grand adventure and the many blessings it will bring along with it!

k dogg said...

You guys are crazy. God bless brother.

Anonymous said...

Your family looks beautiful. I ran across your blog. I'm a RE/MAX agent in Louisville, KY. If I can be of help, please let me know. cindy@hacknpack.com. Also, I've passed a link to your blog on to a Seminary student that I worked with this past summer--thought perhaps they might be able to help you and your family in some way. Best wishes & Merry Christmas. Cindy Hack

Anonymous said...

Hey Brother,
My name is W. Ryan Steenburg and my wife and I relocated to Southern this past Summer for me to begin a Ph.D. Let me know how we can help you transition. Where are you coming from? You are welcome at our home as you need it. My wife and I have a two year old and a nine month old. When you come to town lets make an effort to get together.
Till All Have Heard,
Ryan
wesley.steenburg@us.army.mil

Liz said...

crazy or obedient?? I think Obedient!
Blessings to you all!
I hope we get to see you guys before you leave!
love from our family to your family